In addition to their main studies, all second year Level 3 BTEC Diploma students will complete The EDEXCEL Level 2 Higher Project
What is the EDEXCEL Level 2 Higher Project?
The Level 2 Higher Project gives you an opportunity to carry out an extended research project on a personally chosen topic.
Equivalent to half a GCSE, it is graded A* to C
The Edexcel Level 2 Higher Project have been designed for learners to study a topic area which extends or expands their learning in an appropriate area of study as a stand-alone qualification. Learners select a project which will be studied and completed over one year.
Learners will be assessed on their ability to plan, manage, complete and review their project. It is assessed by a tutor-assessor from within the centre and externally moderated by Edexcel.
Key features of the Edexcel Level 2 Higher Project
This qualifications will enable learners to:
• develop as inquisitive and independent learners
• be inspired and enthused by new areas or methods of study
• support the experiential learning process and find further opportunities to plan and review their learning
• use their learning experiences to support their personal aspirations for further study and career development
• develop, where appropriate, as confident learners and apply appropriate technologies in their studies